Describe your military experience or that of someone in your family.
World War II we were married with 3 children and Glen got a call in the draft. He spent 1 wk. at Fort Snelling and during a physical Dr. found he had a thyroid problem, but then they raised the age so he was sent home and besides he worked in the food industry so was needed. We all were so happy he didn't have to go to war.
What kind of dances did you do as a youth?
We done the "Charleston."
What was your favorite singing group or band?
When I was older, I liked and still do like the big band music and orchestra music, too.
Do you remember any childhood songs or rhymes?
I loved to memorize like "Little Orphan Annie," "The Owl and the Pussy Cat", lots of church hymns I know by heart, and The Gettysburg Address.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment